Zweck Diversified Communications provides strategic counsel and services for internal communications, PR/marketing communications and government affairs advocacy.
From 1992 to 2009, Brad Zweck managed public relations at Wausau Insurance. Wausau was a member of the Liberty Mutual Group (a Boston-based company ranked 86th on the Fortune 500 list) from 1999 to 2009. Brad also served as the Liberty Mutual Group’s government affairs officer (and lobbyist) for the state of Wisconsin during that 10 year period.
During his career with Wausau Insurance, Brad frequently took on expanded responsibilities for managing major internal and marketing communication initiatives. These responsibilities included managemen of major corporate change announcements, and achieving measurable success with several key marketing communication projects, including:
- Awarded the Bronze Anvil Certificate of Commendation by the Public Relations Society of America for a multi-faceted marketing initiative featuring integrated strategies for workers compensation and disability management programs.
- Led key elements of a successful multi-year Wausau TotalValue marketing campaign, including sponsorship of an annual national survey highlighting productivity trends for workers compensation and other commercial lines.
- Honored by Liberty Mutual claim executives as the recipient of an Emerald Bravo Award in recognition of outstanding communication services in support of the company’s national middle market commercial claim office reorganization in late 2008.
- Directed a nationally-acclaimed marketing initiative titled Health Care at the Crossroads which, among other elements, featured sponsorship of a national public television program and Louis Harris survey.
The Liberty Mutual Group retired the Wausau Insurance brand in 2009, and Brad left the company to establish Zweck Diversified Communications, based in Wausau, Wisconsin. In addition to running his consulting business, Brad has served as the executive director of the UW-Marathon County Foundation since June 2010.
Brad first joined Wausau Insurance in January 1986 as a publication editor before beginning a stint in public service. He was elected in November 1986 and later re-elected twice to represent parts of Marathon County in the Wisconsin State Assembly. As a legislator, Brad was a leader on health care legislation, earning the elite “President’s Award” from the State Medical Society of Wisconsin in 1990.
In the early 1980s, before first joining Wausau Insurance, Brad was as an award-winning editor of a national government affairs newsletter for health and social services professionals; a reporter for the Waukesha Freeman, a daily newspaper in Wisconsin; and a staff writer for a public policy research organization in Washington D.C.
A native of Wausau, Wis., Brad earned a bachelor’s degree with a major in Journalism and minor in English from the University of Wisconsin--Eau Claire in 1981, after earlier studying at Grambling State University (La.) and UW-Marathon County.
His recent board memberships include:
· 2002-2009, Member, Board of Directors, Wausau Region Chamber of Commerce.
-- Chairman, Business Advocacy Committee
· 2004-2010, Member, Board of Directors, Centergy, central Wisconsin economic development alliance
-- Vice President, Community Development
· 2005-2009, Member, Board of Directors, United Way of Marathon County
-- Vice President, Marketing
-- "2009 United Way Volunteer of the Year"
· 2003-2009, Member, Board of Directors, Kids Voting Wisconsin
For more information, contact Brad at 715-212-0204 or email@example.com
* Zweck Diversified Communications, 1330 Sumner Street, Wausau WI 54403 *